Wednesday 24 January 2018

Twist Collective January 2018: A Review


Twist Collective has released its January 2018 issue. Let's have a look at it.





Framework. This is a very decent contemporary take on the turtleneck.





Beringer. Classic cabled pullover.





Undercut. Some very pretty lacework in this one. I love the back.





Decalage. Another classic cabled pullover. It's hard to go wrong with this kind of design.





Sardonyx. Some beautiful stitchwork in this kimono-style cardigan, and it hangs well.





Rhona. More classic cables, this time on a cardigan rather than a pullover.





Interlaken. Now here's something different. Shaping is good, stitchwork is attractive and interesting, and the overall effect is definitely eye-catching. I think I might do this in a different colourway that didn't have such a stark difference between the body and the yoke and sleeves, because at first glance this comes across as a shrug worn over a pullover rather than an integrated sweater.





Nouveau. This is a beautiful cardigan, but I don't think I care for the ten or so inches of unbuttoned front edges below the waist, which has an awkward, "gaping open" look. I'd make this piece shorter and button it all way to the bottom.





Thunderbolt. Nice piece. Fresh, contemporary design themes for yokes seems to be turning into one of my design sweet spots.





Bilberry. A nice classic hat, mittens, and cowl set.





Aubin. Fabulous stitchwork in this one!





Cabrillo. This is also a nice set. It would be fun to pick out a colourway for this one.





Alizeh. A very attractive Celtic-themed wrap.





Vervain. These are very smart, and the pattern is so attractively intricate that it's a pleasure to look at.





Anabiel. Love the stitchwork in this one.





Mill Creek. This one looks attractive from a distance, but alas, when I take a close look at the design, I find I see some sort of... little turd creatures. Is it just me? And if so, should I find a Freudian psychoanalyst?





Rebe. Oooh, I love the elegant iris-like pattern in this one, and the way the ribbing around the edge has been angled to form part of the design. I don't like the dirty mustard colour used to make it at all, but if you share my dislike of mustard yellow, that is so easily remedied.





Mishmash. These are cute and fun.





Ribbon Candy. It would be fun to pick out colours for this one.





Yojimbo. Love the patterns on this shawl, and they work so well in combination and make for such a sharp-looking wrap.

2 comments:

  1. Mill Creek -- Wow, those are creepy looking things...are they supposed to be sheep? If they are they must be some kind of alien sheep...maybe for use on a cold Halloween night?...nahh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do my eyes deceive me, or is this essentially a 100% positive review? Yes, some quibbles about cardigan length and color choice, but — other than the turd figures that I cannot comment on because see them well enough on my phone — you seem to approve of every pattern?!? (I admit, it looks like a great issue.)

    ReplyDelete